Monday, March 22, 2010

Call to Pray

When I first got here every once in a while I would hear this Arabic singing and I had no idea what it was. Finally I asked Ben what it was and he said it was the call to pray. It happens about 5 times a day at various times. I think there is a rhyme to the reason oh when but I still haven't figured it out. I think it has something to do with when the sun rises and sets so it changes as the days get longer. For a while it would start at about 5:30 am and I would never hear it. But since the days are getting longer it is now going off at 4:30am! Now we don't live to close to a mosque so its not that loud but some people we know live right next a mosque and it is very very loud. I would not be to happy to be woken up every morning at 4:30 to that.

One of our friends said that you can get alarm clocks that have the same singing. Watch out you might be getting one for your birthday or Christmas! You to can feel like you are living in an Arabic country. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment