Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cooling Down

I think we are all hopefully that it might be cooling down here in Abu Dhabi. Although some days I (Tanya) walk to school and it feels great, low humidity not too hot nice breeze. But then I start teaching and I leave my air conditioned room and it has become Hot and Humid and all those awful things we hate here. Last Friday I had a swim lesson and a cloud covered the sky, it was amazing, it cooled me off and even almost gave me a chill!

Things have been going well here! My kids make me laugh everyday. This week I had a KG2 class that were very naughty in my class so they came back with sorry notes on post its. That same day I was taking a usually naughty KG1 class into the big gym for the first time (big deal) and they were excellent! I was so excited for them, the teacher, and the teacher assistant. It has been a long time coming for them.

Today was picture day. The other PE teacher Jen and I decided it would be funny if we dressed up. Our usual attire consists of workout shorts and a colored shirt or tshirt. So we blew everyones mind a dressed up. I had my pre k kids today and one of my favorite kids comes up to me and puts his hand on my shirt and says, in a very funny accent, "Ms. Tanya I do not like your shirt, I like your other shirt better". The teacher assistants and I just start cracking up, while everyone else said I looked great, good old Noor did not like my outfit and wanted me to wear the same thing I do every day. Your wish is my command Noor, I will be in my shorts and tshirts next week. No fear!

Ben and some friends left tonight to go fishing! So expect another great post of fishing, I am expecting some great fish in my freezer!!!!

Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment