Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Our Wedding in Abu Dhabi

When we got engaged in December, Ben and I both didn't want to wait very long to get married, but living here and with the busy summer we knew that wasn't feasible to have it this summer. Although I think if I let my mom plan the whole thing she would ;) love you mom

Being over here is much different then the states. Ben and I both have our own apartments and are expected to live in them because it is against the law to live with the opposite sex if you are not married. Ben and I were both living in our own apartments but after we got engaged we were ready to be together and live together. We love each other very much and didn't want to wait any longer.

There have been a few teachers from Ben's school who have gotten married here and then have a wedding at home later. We decided that we would talk to Pastor Joe (the pastor at the Evangelical Church here) and see what it was all about. Talking to him and then talking to our parents we decided that we wanted to get married here so that we could start our life together.

We invited our teacher friends and had the sermon on the beach on a Tuesday afternoon, April 26th. Afterward we headed to a restaurant bar to have dinner and celebrate. It was a very nice event and we were blessed with how many of our friends and co workers came out to support us.

We were so fortunate we could do it here but we did miss all of you here. We are still planning on getting married in the states next summer, June 14th 2012 so mark it in your calenders because the next wedding is going to be bigger and better!

We have a wonderful friend who took some great pictures and I put together a little movie. I also had some video but couldn't figure out how to import it. Once I figure that out I will also share it with you.

We love you all and really can't wait to get home for the summer. We are really missing home these days!



No comments:

Post a Comment