Thursday, January 28, 2010

Busy Busy

Hey Everyone

It's Tanya! I haven't written in a while because I have actually been pretty busy! This week especially. I have been subbing a lot and been helping out with swimming every afternoon on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday! I really enjoy the swimming, the kids are a lot of fun, and the subbing isn't bad either. I hate just sitting around the apartment all day so at least that gets me out and helps me work on my classroom management because middle school kids love to torture sub teachers. Although I keep subbing for the same teachers so the kids are starting to get to know me and know they can't fool around too much.

Last week I had an interview at the shake ziayad academy for girls. I was interviewing for a high school PE position. I thought the interview went very well. I haven't heard back from them but I am not really too worried. They also wanted me to teach another subject such as math or science, which for 10th and 11th grade is a little scary to me. This school is also mostly native girls, which means they are very wealthy and a few of them are even princesses!

This past Tuesday I had another interview! For a position more up my ally! It was for an elementary PE position and they were looking for someone with a strong gymnastics background. Ben actually ran the marathon with the current PE teacher there and she took my resume in. The principal called me on Sunday and wanted me to come in on Tuesday, so I was very excited. I thought the interview went well, a little intimidating because the school is only 3 years old and is still going through a lot of change and growing their curriculum. I got to watch some classes and I really liked it. The principal was worried that I had no experience and it would be all me, but said he saw a lot of potential in me. So that was good! I left and he called me 30 mins later and said he was offering me the job! I am very excited about it, I am still thinking about it and he is off at a job fair for about a week. When he comes back we are going to sit down and have another conversation.

This weekend we are going Al Ain and might go to the zoo there, they have white lions. We will take pictures and post them for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment