Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A day in the life of Ben

Hey everybody

Well Sunday I didn't do a whole lot. Ben went to school and I stuck around the apartment all day. I would say I was productive around the apartment. I swept all the floors, they are this white tile and you can see everything on them! I cleaned the kitchen, I washed sheets and towels, and I looked up schools that I could apply for jobs next year. When Ben got home he went for a run and I biked with him. We went down by the beach and it was soo pretty because the sun was about to set.

Yesterday I went to school with Ben to get an application for subbing, then I just stuck around all day helping Ben with his classes. He taught outside all day, it was so nice, but it is draining. His kids are good, he has kindergarten and first grade last. It was kind of funny because you need the most patience with those kids and at the end of the day you start to get spent and not have patience. There was this one kid Achmed (like the comedian Jeff Dunham, and his dead terrorist) I actually think he was deaf. He did not do anything Ben told him to do. They were working on dribbling and soccer, and whenever Ben was talking I would just take the soccer ball away from him because he would just start doing whatever and not listen. It was a little amusing for me to watch though :)

Last night I went with Megan (Ben shares his office with her) to a free yoga class, at a place actually right across the street from Ben's apartment. It was fun, much different then other yoga classes I have been to but fun to do something different.

Today I am going to stick around the apartment again. I was thinking about going to the beach but I don't have any sunscreen and I don't want to get burnt.

Well we miss you all and hope all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment