Monday, January 18, 2010

Goats!

Ben tried to go pet them but they didn't want anything to do with him
Some goats we saw while we were walking.


Hi Everybody

I know I haven't updated in a few days, I am sorry. Last week I didn't do very much went to the beach a couple of times and not much else. Thursday night we went over to Paul and Lisa's apartment and played some games and hung out with some people, that was pretty fun. Friday we went food shopping, always an adventure. It doesn't matter what time of day you go there is always like 100 people in the produce section. That is something I am really going to have to get used to, is how different the grocery stores are here. Saturday we didn't do much of anything, well actually we took the bus for the first time. It was really easy and it cost us .30 cents! Super cheap. Sometimes we have to wait a while but when we get a taxi sometimes it takes a while. So the next weekend we have free we are going take the different buses and see where they take us ha.






I got to sub yesterday for the first time. It was nice because the teacher I was subbing for only had 3 classes! The challenging part was that his room was kinda stinky so I was all over the place for rooms. It was fun though.






On Sunday I started helping with the elementary after school swimming. The first day was a little crazy because the kids were supposed to sign up ahead of time but there was about 20 kids who didn't so we had over 50 kids who we had to assess and figure out where they were. It was a little crazy but Monday was much better, and I am assuming today will go even better.






Well Ben runs the Dubai marathon on friday so we will be getting up really early for that on Friday. It starts at 6:30am! I think one of his friends said that he wanted to go watch the finish so hopefully I can catch a ride with him so that I don't have to get up so early! Not that I wouldn't. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment