Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Well I have a wonderful kindergarten 2 teacher who reads my blog. Today when I was so generous and gave her some of the beer bread I made she was giving me slack that I haven't updated it. So hear I am writing to you all, so you know I am alive and well in Abu Dhabi

This week has been crazy busy! We started soccer try outs at school. Now we aren't too serous about soccer at our school but we had a good showing on Sunday and Monday. I will be coaching the Under 11 girls team. The girls will only practice once a week and have a tournament about once a month. It is pretty laid back and I heard today that one of the girls who came out, only did so because there was a pizza party at the end of the session (in March, it obviously made an impact on her!). So we will see how that goes this year. It is one of the after school activities that you do get paid extra for which is nice (bet you didn't know that Lyn :) ).

Monday I had swim lessons yet again. They are nice to do to get extra money but boy it makes my day very long. I ended the day with a tough KG1 class and they always make me feel like I am doing something wrong, ha (I know I am not but they are a tough group). So when I went to swimming lessons my nerves were fried and the two kids were not ready to listen to me at all. So it was a tough hour but I got through it and I went to Ben's apartment and he had already made a pancake dinner for us. So nice!

Tuesday Ben's school did a "training" camp for their mini viper basketball program (elementary level, vipers are the mascot). Ben and I helped out with it so it was again a long night. A very fun night though because I got to see a lot of the kids I worked with in the spring. I can't believe how big they got over the summer and that they remember me. They were as excited to see me as I was to see them.

I am glad tomorrow is Thursday (the last day of the work week for us). Glad to have a weekend to relax and catch up on some more sleep! Even know I have been going to bed at 8:30 pm every night. Gotta love playing with 3 year olds all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment