Sunday, September 26, 2010

So should I leave now...

Well today was fun. I didn't do much planning this weekend like I had hoped to do...opps. So I had to go in early this morning to actually write some lesson plans. Everything turned out fine and classes were actually going pretty well. I even told the KG1 teachers that we would go into the big gym for the first time this year! This is quite the task for 4 year olds. Going from a small carpeted gym to a full size gym can be really exciting that they just loose all control!

I literally had to teach the kids today how to play tag. You take those kind of things for granted and it was interesting try to teach kids who don't know English how to play tag as well. The first class was kind of a disaster but thats okay. They ran and ran and ran, so I think there teacher loved me. The second class I had a different strategy and it was going well. Then my principal walked in, I don't really mind being observed. I figured I have been teaching for a while now I like feedback and it's not like he is going to fire me...or is he? So he walks in, I switch taggers and write in front of the principal two 4 year olds go head first into one another fall down and start crying. OHHH great, so I am going to get fired. So I pick one up the teacher assistant picks the other up and they start dealing with it. So I had a talk with the other kids and we continued to play. The kids were fine just a little bump which happens and they need to learn to run around in space and not fall down or bump into each other. It was just awesome that they decided to collide right in front of my principal!

Oh well, it was still a good day. I ended the day with an hour and a half of yoga, which was really really nice! OMMMMMM.........

No comments:

Post a Comment