Saturday, September 4, 2010

I am Back!



Hello Everyone!

I am back in Abu Dhabi and it's Hot! But I am very happy to be back and can't believe my kids are coming tomorrow. I have been here for almost two weeks and the jet lag is finally over, which is really nice. I came in with 7 other girls who are new teachers from Canada and the US. They are really nice and they will be fun to live and work with. Almost all of them live in the same building I do. I got internet on Wednesday so now I can easily update the blog from home. My apartment is really nice. All the teachers in this building are on the same side of the apartment complex, and the school furnishes our apartments. So when I go into another teachers apartment it pretty much looks exactly the same as mine does. Which is funny, but they are very nice. I am more downtown then Ben is so I have lots of stores outside my building. None of them I have really explored yet because it is still Ramadan and they are closed during the day. I do have 6 mosques outside my building so at 4 am everyday I get to hear the call to prayer. I am learning to ignore it and I don't wake up but every once in a while it will be extra loud.

This past Thursday Ben treated me to a night at a resort. His school gives teachers a discount on the resort to give them a little getaway at the beginning of the year. I have never stayed in such a nice place! There were robes and slippers in everyones room. The pool was probably the best part. It's so hot here pools usually aren't very refreshing. This pool though had a chiller so it was awesome to jump in and not feel the 115 degree heat and humidity outside. We had a great time socializing with the teacher and talking to them about Thailand (where we hope to go this Christmas).

The boat is was docked at the resort we were staying at, it was huge! And we joked that it was actually ours, and that the resort was cleaning it for us :) The other picture is the nice chilled pool! ahh

Well we miss you all and I will try and get some pictures of my apartment up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment