Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The end of Ramadan

Happy 50th Birthday Jan Rollings!

Ahh what a first week for me (Tanya). I started on Sunday with short days because it is still Ramadan. We were supposed to go till Wednesday but the UAE decided that we also needed Wednesday off. So my first week of school consisted of three whole days. Ahh it was so nice. I had a great time with my kindergarten classes. KG1 (4 year olds) will be so much fun. The first day I had a couple criers. One little girl was crying the whole day and when it got to our long 25 mins together she fell asleep in the circle. I found out later she fell asleep for all of music. KG1 will be a challenge but I need to work on my patience and they are the perfect subjects to teach me that. Next week pre K (3 year olds) will be coming in. Although I don't know how much I will be leading a traditional class it will be fun to see how it progresses. I will see them every day as well! Wahoo.

So Ben has a 6 day weekend and myself a 5 day weekend. Some of our friends went away but we are staying here. We are thinking a lot about Christmas and where in Thailand we would like to go. We are getting very excited to be there for a few weeks. Although we are going to miss all our family and friends at such a great time of the year.

Ben took his car in to get fixed the other night. They said next week he should get it back but that is going to be debatable I think. We will let you know how it comes out.

Happy EID

1 comment:

  1. hey! let me know if you pop by sg when u go thailand! there are really cheap flights. :) -wan shan

    ReplyDelete